Saturday 10 March 2012

Gummo.

Ever since I came across Larry Clark's amazing film 'Kids' about 5 years ago, I've been slightly infatuated with films simliar as he really captures what being a teenager is like whatever decade your growing up in . They have a certain something that movies have strived to capture but a lot fail to do successfully. It has been argued that his films could be self indulgent of the youth culture or over excplicit but I think there brilliant. But what I want to highlight in this post is a film by the writer of 'Kids' Harmony Korine and his film 'Gummo'. I first watched this a little bit after I watched 'Kids' on Youtube is several parts. I was amazed with every part of it, the acting, music, cinematography etc and I really feel it is different from any other film I have every seen and completely underrated. Saying this though, maybe it should stay underrated as I think it's too much of a cinematic gem to be trawled through mainstream cinema. I recently tried to acquire this film on Amazon, eBay, Play.com etc but have found that is nearly impossible to get. Saying this so far I have actually found it impossible to get as it is either region 1 (American) or just available on VHS, So I presume I will just either have to keep looking ending up spending probably far too much on a special edition copy or hopefully find it second hand. Fingers Crossed. If you love films, Then this is one to definitely say you have watched.

"Lonely residents of a tornado-stricken Ohio town wander the deserted landscape trying to fulfill their boring, nihilistic lives." - IMDb



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...